The Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) is seeking its next full‐time Executive Director to carry on from the current Executive Director, Dr. Ed Urban, who will retire this fall. SCOR is an interdisciplinary committee of the International Science Council and is the leading non‐governmental organization for the promotion and coordination of international ocean science activities (see www.scor‐int.org). Thirty nations currently have national SCOR committees and form SCOR’s foundation. SCOR activities include (1) working groups that address focused ocean science topics, (2) large‐scale ocean research projects, (3) a variety of infrastructural activities for ocean science, and (4) ocean science capacity building.
The duties of the SCOR Executive Director include the following:
- Serve as the staff for the SCOR Executive Committee, SCOR Finance Committee, and SCOR Committee on Capacity Building;
- Manage the SCOR Secretariat, raising funds from national SCOR committees, and national and international funding agencies;
- Manage spending for SCOR activities according to the annual SCOR budget and regulations of financial sponsors;
- Organize SCOR Annual Meetings;
- Coordinate with national SCOR committees and partner organizations;
- Prepare written reports for SCOR Annual Meetings and documents to publicize SCOR activities; and
- Lead outreach activities for SCOR, including preparation of tri‐annual SCOR Newsletters, Tweets, and Facebook posts, and maintenance of the SCOR Website.
Read the full call for applicants here: Search for a New Executive Director for the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR)