The international forum for deep sea mining professionals
As we move into an era of mining the deep-ocean floor, the world’s most remote environment, mining companies are working on overcoming the perceived challenges and developing island nations are watching with interest. As the demand for base metals and minerals surges ever beyond what our land is able to provide, new technological and technical developments are helping to drive forward this new industry.
The Deep Sea Mining Summit 2018 will bring together a large array of solution providers, upcoming deep sea miners, members from the scientific community, and those within allied industries wanting to learn more about the opportunities within this emerging marketplace.
Following the huge success of the previous Deep Sea Mining Summit, this year’s objective is to build on and identify new and innovative technology developments, technical know-how’s, and to focus on the real challenges which face a new breed of deep sea miners and industry providers. Case studies and real results will address the issues.
Key topics on the agenda include:
- The economic landscape and growth for deep sea mining
- Achieving sustainable seabed mining projects in harmony with nature
- The status of prospecting and exploration, the latest methods and results
- Regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules
- Working with nations through a regulatory framework, the opportunities and risks
- Technological developments associated with commercialising Deep sea mining
In addition the program will have a unique emphasis on networking and building new relationships, including generating dialogue in applying useful technologies and solutions for adaptation in deep sea mining. There will also be an opportunity to meet new investors from outside the market and to form collaborative partnerships in allied industries for mutual benefit.
Call for Presentation
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Presentation”.
To secure your place at The Deep Sea Mining Summit 2018 or if you require more information, please contact delegates@iQ-Hub.com.