Conditional to obtaining complementary funds, these post-doctoral research positions are contracted for a duration of 12 months, extendable by an additional 6-month period.
Interested applicants should send:
1. A cover letter describing how and why their skills and knowledge are relevant to the post-doctoral position they are interested in,
2. A detailed curriculum vitae,
3. A summary of previous work, mentioning the date of their PhD defence,
4. A list of publications and communications / symposia,
5. The contact details of at least two referees.
These documents should be mailed or e-mailed to the contact scientists whose names appear in the list of post-doctoral subjects.
The deadline for applications is 10 September 2018. However, interested applicants are invited to get in touch with the contact scientists, who can provide complementary information, as early as possible.
Eligibility and selection criteria are the following ones:
• The major selection criterion will be the candidate’s scientific excellence and the adequation between their skills and experience and the proposed post-doctoral subject.
• Candidates must hold their PhD since less than 6 years.
• Candidates must not have been previously employed as post-doctoral researchers in an Ifremer research unit nor in a joint research unit in which Ifremer is involved.
• Candidates who have prepared their PhD in an Ifremer (joint) research unit are not entitled to carry on with post-doctoral research in the context of this call. They must have had a post-doctoral research experience of at least 2 years outside Ifremer (joint) research units.
View the call here: Post-doctoral research positions 2018-2019.