Purpose / Role
Key Aims and Objectives
Prime Role and Duties
- Involvement in all aspects of projects through system specification, electrical and software design detail, build, test, commissioning, documentation, customer acceptance and field support
- To provide expertise in the area of control system design, implementation, and systems integration PLC and SCADA ProgrammingElectrical panel wiring design and layout design
- Electrical power distribution system design
- Create Bills of Materials
- Risk Assessment and Electrical Safety design
- FMEA analysis
- Creation of Functional Design Specifications
- Liaise with Mechanical/Hydraulics Engineers to ensure correct interfacing between different aspects of machines.
Allied Occasional Duties
- Research and development activities
- Working away/abroad/offshore
- Provide support for existing systems
Key Internal Interfaces
- Broad design experience (10 yrs min) of industrial control, electronic and electrical systems required.
- Strong working knowledge of PLC-based control systems required.
- Proficient PLC and SCADA programming skills essential.
- Expertise in Rockwell ControlLogix PLC.
- Expertise in Wonderware Intouch.
- Knowledge of PC-based control systems using QNX useful.
- Experience of Networking (Ethernet, MODBUS, RS232, RS485).
- Experience of subsea engineering design useful.
- Experience of 4.16kV systems useful.
- Basic AUTO CAD and INVENTOR skills useful.
- Minimum 2nd class degree qualification in a relevant subject preferred.
- Practical experience/background essential.
- Must have an enthusiasm for engineering.
- Must be flexible and be able to work effectively either alone or in a team.
- Must be personable, energetic and adaptable.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.